You are here : Home · Services
Asclera® (polidocanol) Injection is a prescription medicine that is used in a procedure called sclerotherapy and is administered by a healthcare provider to treat two types of veins:
- Uncomplicated spider veins (very small varicose veins ≤ 1 mm in diameter)
- Uncomplicated small varicose veins (1 to 3 mm in diameter) known as reticular veins
Asclera® is a sclerosing agent that is injected into the vein. It works by damaging the endothelium, the cells lining the inside of blood vessels. This causes blood platelets and cellular debris to attach to the lining of the vessels; eventually, cellular debris and platelets cause the blood vessel to clot. Over time, the clotted vein will be replaced with tissue.
Maintain graduated compression
- 2-3 days after treatment of spider veins
- 5-7 days after treatment of reticular veins
- For extensive varicosities, longer compression treatment is recommended
- Post-treatment compression is necessary to reduce the risk of deep vein thrombosis.
- 15-20 minutes immediately after treatment
- Daily for a few days
For two to three days following the treatment, avoid (if you are uncertain, please ask your healthcare provider): Heavy exercise Sunbathing Long plane flights Hot bath or sauna
Allure Image Enhancement, Inc. © Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.